Sunday, September 09, 2007

Techniche '07 our final technica quest in IITG

Techniche for me has always been a 3 day work and management and almost zero fun. But this time it was different. This time I had a zing going and participated in many events, I even tried my hand at CS event but as expected, I was not selected. Then I had the chance to launch IIT Radio and became the first IITG RJ. It was total fun and surprisingly people liked me. I got good reviews and enjoyed every bit of it. Though I haven’t heard the complete show myself, I am more than satisfied by the reviews I got. An in between all this, I gave a shot at the par’AD’igm event. It was supposed to be a 4 member team event, but I went in alone and gave the quickest paper of my life. I did about 30 questions in 15 mins and rushed out to complete my radio recording. I got a total of 62 just 2 marks short of the finalists but was happy to defeat 70% of teams present there. so much for the day.

And in the night came the big and the most interesting event. It was the Virtual Stock Market (VSM) time and I went in alone with my official partner lying in comfort of his bed. Well the show started in total chaos with nobody having even the slightest idea of what was going around. We started arbit bidding and I was successful in striking a few good deals. Then came the biggest turn around of the event. It was the entry of my friend Ankit Nagori (Anna) and from here on it was a fish-market, with two of us speaking at the top of our voice and making some pretty awesome deals. Just to give you an idea we bought CCE shares at 1000 and 5 minutes later sold them for 3500. Man it was all crazy. We made like 20 such deals and were leading the over-all standings despite a few SOB’s trying hard to pull us down. I mean why are people jealous of seeing others win. They don’t have the guts to present themselves and take up the challenge. All they can do is to pull others down. Its really frustrating to realize that such people study with us. The back stabbing bastards will spread all sorts of wrong information about you and then come to your room at party time. Well their efforts to make us fall didn’t work and they themselves fell head first. By the morning official results were declared and we were declared as winners. It was good to finally win something in techniche.

However all this was to come to a sour end. Our dream of ending the techniche with a award on-stage was not to be. We were refused to get on stage for our prize and were told “ki bakwaas mat karo, humien bahut kaam hai”. Well thats’ an ironic end to our Techniche careers, when we worked our ass out for 3 years just to see that everything went on smoothly. Its not about the prize, its about respect. What pains me even more is that Anna who started this even 2 years back and has worked more than anybody else in making Techniche ’06 and Techniche ’07 a success was denied a much deserved appreciation. It would have been a befitting to end his techniche on-stage as a winner. Well prize or no prize, on-stage or off-stage Anna will always be the man who made techniche a success. Despite all these highs and lows I would remember Techniche ’07 as my favourite Techniche.

Good Bye Techniche We loved you!!

No comments: